Seriously... how much easier could it get?!? First, I gathered up the items I would need.
I grabbed the plastic soap dispenser I had been using in the guest bathroom, and a pint size mason jar with the screw top and lid. I originally thought I wouldn't need a bigger drill bit than the one in the picture, but Mike quickly informed that I was wrong. Oh well. That's what husband's are for right? ;)
With the assistance of my very helpful husband, he drilled a hole through the lid.
If you will be using a similar soap dispenser we used the following drill bit:
Next, we checked to make sure the hole was big enough for the soap dispenser. While the dispenser fit just fine the actual pump was a little too long. So, we had to cut it down a little bit.
Ok, I lied. Six items. You'll need a pair of heavy duty scissors to cut down the pump. Then, on to the hot glue! You'll want to get inside the actual screw top and around the pump, and then slightly down the pump "straw". **Don't use TOO much or you'll have a lot of excess hot glue on the top of your lid.**
Then, press the pump (and hot glue) firmly through the hole in the lid to ensure it has a tight fit. Flip the lid over, and make a bead around the inner pump. This will make sure that the lid is secure from both angles.
And wa-la! The "hard" part is all done. All you need now is a little bit of liquid soap.
Aww, ohhhhhhhh........... how pretty, and just what I wanted! :)